Year End Accounts
Year End Accountant
Basingstoke, Remote | £400 Day (Umbrella) | Initial 3 Month Contract | Full Time | Start ASAP
You’ll be supporting the Group Accountant in all aspects of the Year End close process, collaborating with both financial and non-financial staff to ensure the production and delivery of accurate 2020/21 Annual Report and Financial Statements. The role is Remote Working in-line with Gov. Guidelines.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
* Responsible for preparing specific Statutory notes and assist in delivering all Statutory disclosures (all text in support of financials), ensuring that the Statutory accounts adhere to FRS 102 and the Housing Statement of Recommended Practice (SORP)
* Perform analytical review on the Statutory accounts and maintain the audit trail, including the review of Group cash flows
* Assist with initial tax queries from our tax advisers and the production and analysis of the Value for Money (VfM) statement
* Assist in compiling key performance indicators to support the narrative in the Annual Report
* Identify and implement improvements to the Year End financial close process
* To be a primary point of contact and support on all financial accounting matters for the Finance Manager – Financial Accounting
* Establish, develop and maintain effective working relationships with all work colleagues, contractors and partnering agencies to ensure an integrated contribution to Sovereign’s corporate objectives
* Observe and comply with Sovereign’s policies and procedures and observe and continually promote equality and inclusion and customer care in compliance with organisational aims and objectives.
To be suitable for this position you will need to hold the following:
* Qualified CCAB with extensive experience in Year End process – across Management, Financial and Statutory Accounts.
* Demonstrate knowledge of FRS102 – a financial reporting standard which we need to meet
* Useful to have experience in SORP which is specific to this industry / sector (Housing)
To apply & find out more about this opportunity:
Please send over a copy of your most up-to-date CV to email@example.com or call 02392 315073.
strgroup is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.