VFX Artist – 101856-1
VFX Artist – £34,000 per annum PAYE – 18 Month Contract – Twycross (Initially based from home)
Our client is a global technology organisation who requires an experienced VFX Artist to help create real-time particle effects such as magic, fire, explosions and environment effects for our next big game. Real-time particle effect creation is composed of several areas: particle creation, shader creation, particle placement, texture simulation, texture compositing and performance optimizations. Most VFX artists will work in all areas to some degree but there is also room for specialising.
* Responsible for creating in game particle effects.
* Responsible for placing effects in the world.
* Work collaboratively with the Art/Design/Engineering disciplines to support and resolve artistic challenges.
* Develop a deep understanding of the Art direction and create effects to support the vision.
* Create effects to realistic budgets and take ownership of the memory and performance costs of your effects.
* Experience of creating real-time particle effects in game engines like Unreal or Unity.
* Experience of using industry standard content creation software (Maya, 3ds Max, Photoshop or equivalents)
* Experience with Houdini, Fume FX, After Effects or similar is a bonus
* Experience with shaders is a bonus
* Self- motivated and passionate about the end result.
* Able to take constructive feedback to improve work.
* Good eye for quality control and detail.
* Proactive and organised.
* Able to respond quickly and efficiently to difficult creative changes.
* Good documentation and communication skills.
* A passion for games and to create something special!
strgroup is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.