Transport Co-Ordinator 5155331
£13 to £14
I am looking for a Transport Co-Ordinator (admin) to be based in Andover (currently remote working during the covid 19 pandemic). This is a 3 month contract (with the view to extend) and it’s paying between £13 and £14 per hour via umbrella. The role is inside ir35.
The Aster Transport Team provides overall management of the Aster Group commercial vehicle fleet and its supplier network. The fleet operates across several business portfolios, some that will involve service provision across the Group. The Transport team is responsible for ensuring both the legal compliance and cost effectiveness of the transport function within Aster. This is achieved through close liaison and partnership working with the individual business areas that have need to operate commercial vehicles within their business operations.
To ensure all transport related activities of the business are carried out within the regulatory framework by supporting the Transport Manager in carrying out assessments of each core compliance area, maintaining and updating records of compliance and preparing the results within a monthly compliance report issued to the Operations Directors, Transport Consultant and the Transport Manager.
To work with the Transport Consultant & Transport Manager to ensure full awareness of the relevant legislation and regulations and how these pose any risk to the company. To work with management and employees to identify and manage transport related regulatory risk.
* Ensure all vehicle accidents are accurately recorded and investigated by the relevant supervisor so that higher risk activities or drivers can be identified, and appropriate action taken to reduce the risk
* Maintain a report of the teams via the Ctrack system to assist in identifying any high-risk driver behaviours.
* Prepare compliance incident records and motor claims accident reporting along with subject presentations for inclusion within the Transport User Group meetings (TUG)
* Monitor the delivery of fleet management contracts and specific projects (Ctrack), taking prompt and timely action to ensure that targets are met, and high-level customer satisfaction is sustained.
* Ensure compliance of all transport policies, legislation and procedures relating to UK Road Transport legislation and Operator Licence regulations. Ensure processes are always in place and adhered to protect the company “O” licence.
* Ensure that all transport fleet vehicles are properly maintained, serviced, and records kept including keeping the vehicle register up to date.
* Motor Insurance – Receiving the first notice of loss, requesting details (images, statement etc) from the driver and submitting all details to the Motor Insurance claims handlers. Obtaining estimates for repairs from the approved garages and seeking approval / authorisation from the motor insurance engineers. Liaising with the legal team to ensure they defend our legal claim on personal injury, hire element and vehicle excess.
* Ability to work in a constantly challenging environment with conflicting priorities.
* Understands how policy/process impacts on operations, colleagues and other stakeholders.
* Understands the environment within which the association evolves, including legislative and regulatory