£400 to £450
Test Manager- Winchester- 3 month contract -£450 a day umbrella
Our client are a large public sector organisation looking for an Test Manager with experience in Desktop Rollout, Infrastructure Delivery and hybrid cloud technologies.
The role will involve the following;
– Responsibility for creating a cohesive testing strategy and executing that strategy in the context of the programme, including validation of inflight testing.
– Supplying the necessary expertise to define and deliver the testing workstream across the programme, working closely with several technology workstreams.
– Utilising previous experience Windows 10 and Office 365 implementations, including Exchange migrations and SharePoint.
– Working with service transitioning and change / release management, taking products from project to business as usual.
– Managing testing resources across the programme, including defect resolution management, and identifying / resolving skill and resourcing gaps.
– Owning and co-ordinating official testing sign-off.
– Creating test plans and test scripts.
– Working with customers to define and deliver UAT and pilot activities.
Your role will be varied, and you will have the opportunity to formulate the test strategies for a wide range of technologies, including desktop, applications, websites, and hybrid cloud technologies.
You will be expected to understand technical specifications and to produce appropriate strategies and documentation to support the testing process.
– Strong and proven background in leading;
– Infrastructure testing; Experience of infrastructure functional testing, performance testing, OAT testing including failover and resilience, DR testing, and security / penetration testing.
– Application testing; Strong experience of end-to-end software testing including regression testing and writing manual test scripts
Knowledge and ability to understand technical specifications and discussions around;
– Hybrid cloud environments; cloud-based and on-premise
– Windows operating systems including Windows 10
– Network architecture build and configurations
– Build and configuration of desktop, laptop, and smartphone devices
– Microsoft Office, Office 365, SharePoint, Exchange
– Device build and application deployment
– Experience of working with a defect tracking tool, e.g. TFS.
– Experience of using Microsoft Test Professional to create and run test cases, manage defects and track testing progress
– Good experience within Agile / Scrum
– Self-motivated and able to use own initiative
– Able to establish effective working relationships with people at all levels
– Demonstrates a methodical approach with good organisation and problem-solving skills
Qualifications: ISTQB/ISEB certification or equivalent
For further information and to apply please contact Victoria at STR on 02392322309 and email a copy of your up to date CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
strgroup is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.