Technical Services Officer
Technical Services Officer
A client of ours in Central London is looking for a Technical Services Officer to join their team for a period of 3 months, the role purpose is to deliver an efficient, effective and reliable support service to the Environment Department, these will include: Building Control, Environmental Health, Transport and Highways, Parking Services, as well as some areas of the Economy, namely; Planning and Corporate Property Services assigned to one of the following teams:
* Technical Support Team with specific and comprehensive responsibilities with both professional and operational functions for Building Control, Corporate Property Services, Highways Licensing and tree applications.
* Business Support service across all technical disciplines, to provide functions such as postal service, document imaging, first point of call for enquiries, service requests, general administration and IT Support.
* A Local Land Charges Searches Team providing all professional and operational processes from acceptance to dispatch of Local land charges searches enquiries results, maintenance and upkeep of the Local Land Charges register, liaison with Street naming and numbering to ensure the client remains up to date and customer engagement.
To be pro-active in identifying improvements to systems. To be flexible in ways of working and adapt, as required, to meet new demands and technologies to improve the customer experience at both group and corporate level.
Knowledge & Experience
* Satisfactory work experience in a Technical Support, document management, property related or regulatory service environment
* English Language and Mathematics GCSE Grade C or above, or equivalent, or comparable ability.
* Experience of working in a Public Service.
* Two years proven administrative experience preferably gained in an Environmental service area.
* Proven front line service (visitor/telephone) experience.
* Proven ability to work effectively to deadlines.
* Experience of Microsoft Office applications and the Internet including MS Office, PowerPoint, Word, Excel, data handling and SharePoint/OneDrive) to at least an Intermediate level and the ability to use these effectively.
* The ability to be resilient in a pressured environment subject to changing workloads and conflicting priorities.
* Experience of handling data and financial numbers and of inputting and retrieving data from ICT based record systems.
* Ability to communicate complex issues effectively by telephone, in writing, by e-mail and in person.
* Strong note taking skills to produce accurate summaries of meetings and complex discussions.
* Ability to operate as an effective team member within a multi- disciplinary service and to develop positive internal relationships.
Please note this role falls inside IR35
To apply for this role please send an updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call on 02392 314795.
stride is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.