Systems Support Officer
Systems Support Officer- £13ph Umbrella- Northamptonshire- Contract
1. Complete daily and detailed control account and bank reconciliations. The month end versions should be prepared to an auditable standard and within SLA.
2. Provide day to day support to the financial elements of the ERP system and to the professional finance teams and wider users of it.
3. Perform daily, weekly and monthly system administration controls and processes to ensure data integrity and effective, accurate and timely use of the systems.
4. Provide support to services and partners to improve their performance through the provision of financial and systems advice relating to planning, control process and management issues, including through the helpdesk.
5. Provide second line support and advice for users of the ERP and related business systems. Ensure an effective and regular monitoring of the requests queues, taking required actions to keep calls updated in a timely manner and customers informed. Identify any calls requiring colleague attention and notify them for their action as appropriate.
Experience and Knowledge
Experience of financial accounting in local government (Desirable)
Good working systems knowledge of ERP systems, and experience of using sophisticated general ledger package (Desirable)
Be aware of how processes and interfaces interact and impact with other modules within an integrated financial system. (Desirable)
Be able to demonstrate a good working knowledge and experience of working with and improving financial processes and controls. (Essential)
Experience of writing and developing financial reports using reporting tools (Desirable)
Strong customer service skills and service delivery approaches in order to support Help Desk service provision. (Essential)
Skills and Abilities.
Attention to detail and a zero tolerance approach to financial reconciliation. (Essential)
Able to work effectively within a team (Essential)
Able to make reasoned decisions in a prompt timescale (Essential)
Able to analyse complex issues and give reliable professional advice (Essential)
Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing in order to achieve desired outcomes and be able to influence and negotiate when advising and supporting customers/users. (Essential)
Initiative and ability to plan and organise their own time to ensure that deadlines and agreed targets are met. (Essential)
Ability to innovate and develop good practices on own initiative. (Essential)
Ability to maintain high levels of performance under changing conditions, tasks, responsibilities or people. (Essential)
To apply for this position please email a up to date CV to Nikki at email@example.com
STR Limited is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.