Sustainability Specialist (Assessments)
£40,000 to £49,000
London, Remote | £40,000-49,000 +15% Flex Fund | Permanent | Start 2022
We are seeking a Sustainability Specialist to join the leading organisation of the UK’s largest rail infrastructure project, starting in early 2022. This role will see the postholder develop the sustainability assessment strategy (BREEAM & CEEQUAL), inclusive of setting targets, requirements and embedding them into contracts. You will be the primary contact for liaison with the Building Research Establishment.
* Develop an assessment strategy for business stations, depots, other railway buildings and infrastructure works, including setting targets and other requirements.
* Undertake BREEM/CEEQUAL pre-assessments as and when required
* Develop and maintain BREEM/CEEQUAL technical standards to ensure these are well suited to all phases of the project
* Act as sustainability champion (including BREEM AP) for the entire project to ensure that BREEM/CEEQUAL performance targets are on track and are embedded into the contracts
* Work closely with delivery teams in Phase One & Phase Two to ensure BREEM/CEEQUAL requirements are implemented
* Review and assure BREEM/CEEQUAL pre-assessment reports and other relevant documentation from the BREEM/CEEQUAL assessors or contractors
* Build professional relationships externally with the Building Research Establishment on development or updating of bespoke criteria for HS2 and BREEM/CEEQUAL queries for the project.
* Provide technical advise and solutions to various internal teams on sustainable design practices
Qualifications & Experience required
* Knowledge and understanding of BREEM and CEEQUAL assessments, implementing them within large, complex projects
* Knowledge and understanding of environmental and sustainability principles and their relationship to ensure that sustainable outcomes are achieved
* Experience in a lead role of BREEM assessor, BREEM AP and/or CEEQUAL assessor
* Background working within Infrastructure
* No direct line management – liaison with 50+ supply chain employees, business wide.
* Remote working available for this role – must be able to attend offices 3 days a week
Get in contact with Anna at STR Group Services, by emailing an up-to-date CV in application today!
Tel: 02392 315 073
Due to receiving a high number of applications to our opportunities, we are not always able to contact all applicants with feedback. If you do not hear from us in 5 working days from application, please conclude you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
strgroup is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.