Strategy & Policy Manager
Strategy & Policy Manager – Children’s Services – Tower Hamlets – 6 month Contract – £30.37 per hour (Umbrella)
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Strategy & Policy Manager for our client in Tower Hamlets. We are looking for someone with expert understanding of the national and local context for and operations of Children’s Services. You must have an expert understanding of statuary, policy and regulatory frameworks regarding Child Services. An expert knowledge in at least one key social policy area including public health, housing, economy, public realm, culture, children’s and adults’ services, community safety, cohesion and integration, equality and inclusion, community and voluntary sector.
Your duties and responsibilities will include;
* Focusing on Children’s services to lead the development of high-quality strategies, policies and plans drawing on robust evidence and research, working with colleagues across SPP. This will require the post-holder to manage teams of officers in collating multiple sources of evidence, liaising with service specialists across the organisation and partnership and undertake drafting of strategies, policies and plans.
* The post holder will be required to play a leading role in the selection of priority outcomes for the council and ensuring that these are embedded within strategies and plans as appropriate.
* The post holder will lead on development and implementation of relevant statutory strategies and plans in the area of Children’s services.
* The post-holder will be required to have an expert understanding of the regulatory and statutory framework that the Council operates within and ensure that this is fully reflected as appropriate within the council’s strategy and policy frameworks. Duties will include provision of information, guidance and training to colleagues in this area.
* The post holder will focus on children’s Services providing strategic inputs for the Council’s work with and for external partnerships and regulators ensuring a shared focus on priority outcomes for residents and communities. Duties will include managing the production of reports and briefings for partnership meetings, attending meetings and presenting evidence, and leading projects on behalf of partners.
To be suitable for this opportunity; the following qualifications or experience is required:
* Relevant professional qualification or equivalent experience in particular the coordination of a range of functions in the corporate centre or directorates
* Ability to manage one or more of the following: strategic and business planning, equality, scrutiny, partnership, commissioning, research, assessment, performance, public consultation and engagement, inspection, improvement and safeguarding.
* Evidence of using well developed negotiation skills within a context of complexity and ambiguity to influence priority outcomes
* Technical skills and abilities in relation to the policy analysis and interpretation that leads to development organisation or borough wide strategic direction setting
* Excellent oral, written and visual communication skills involving a range of stakeholders
* Analytical skills and lateral thinking to develop creative and innovative solutions
This position is avai