Strategic Communications and Engagement Consultant
£210 to £230
Cheshire West and Chester
I am looking for a Strategic Communications and Engagement Consultant (interim) to be based in Chester. This role is paying between £210 and £230 a day via umbrella. The role is inside i35. This is a 3 month contract with the view to extend (possibility of a 12 month contract).
1 To plan and provide strategic communications advice and delivery to support the effective promotion and successful delivery across the Council’s regeneration programme in Chester.
1 To ensure residents, stakeholders, staff and current or potential investors are effectively communicated with, consulted, engaged and motivated.
1 To work across the communications and engagement mix with Communications colleagues and those in Place and Commercial Management and Delivery, and to develop a consistent and joined-up approach.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
* Experience leading communications on similar regeneration projects with evidence of success.
* Demonstrable understanding and experience of developing and implementing communication campaigns, across a range of media/channels to change perceptions, behaviours or to improve reputation.
* Demonstrable experience of working with senior staff and/or elected politicians to secure buy-in and support for communications activity.
* Strong expertise in some or all of the following: branding, marketing, stakeholder engagement, media relations, relationship management, public affairs and digital.
* Proven ability to manage complex projects to deadline with an innovative and independent approach.
* Political sensitivity and the ability to form productive, professional working relationships with councillors, staff and partners at all levels.
* Knowledge of best practice on communications, using a mix of channels to support successful outcomes.
* Ability to find solutions to complex internal and external communications challenges. Results orientated with a track record of success.
* Excellent communication skills, oral and in writing, including presentation skills in formal and informal settings.
* Excellent copywriting and editorial skills and a high level of creativity.
* An understanding of how local government works and current issues and challenges facing it.
strgroup is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.