Stakeholder Engagement Officer
Our client is looking for Stakeholder Engagement officer to join their team on a 12 month contract in Derby.
This role will be working across the Council’s range of services and functions delivering high quality and evidence-based communications which increase trust in, and engagement with, the council across a range of audiences.
You will lead on stakeholder engagement for the Highways Capital programme and support meaningful, proactive relationships with a range of stakeholders.
Key duties –
* Develop and lead engagement with Elected Members and residents around highways works and the Highways Capital programme, including proactive communications and responding to enquiries.
* Advise and brief Elected Members and Council Officers up to Executive Director level on highways and wider Place department communications matters.
* Liaise with senior representatives of partner organisations e.g. NHS and other Councils
* Collaborate with a wide range of external stakeholders including local and national media, businesses and voluntary sector organisations.
* Support colleagues to take a proactive ‘customer first’ approach, supporting transformation within the department.
Key result areas include:
* Contribute to the research and production of effective strategies for major corporate communications campaigns to meet the Council’s business priorities.
* Manage stakeholder engagement with Elected Members, residents and MPs in regard to highways works, ensuring proactive notification of stakeholders of upcoming work and the effective management of and response to enquiries.
* Develop, plan and manage specific communications programmes working across a range of service areas, specialising in a specific area if and as required.
* Implement external campaigns using a wide range of techniques including: digital engagement, advertising, print, direct mail, media, video and photography, websites and social media, marketing, presentations and roadshows.
* Analyse and evaluate the effectiveness of stakeholder engagement, communications campaigns and produce reports.
* Build and sustain positive relationships with the media and produce material for local and national print, online and broadcast media.
* Work flexibly across the full range of core communications techniques and disciplines which include: PR, public affairs, marketing, media, digital, social media, online and offline advertising, insight and evaluation, copywriting, internal communications, events, brand, reputation management, campaigns and crisis management.
* Have or develop skills in a specialist communications / stakeholder engagement / customer service area which may include:
* Expert knowledge of a particular council service area or portfolio e.g. highways, public health, adult social care etc.
* Specialist knowledge of a defined geographic area of the county.
* Expert knowledge of a particular communications function or discipline, for example: internal communications / employee engagement, behaviour change campaigns, media relations, public affairs, brand, service transformation and change communications, insight/evaluation, digital, stakeholder engagement.
strgroup is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.