Solution Designer – Winchester – 5 month contract – £450 a day umbrella
We currently have an opportunity for an experienced Business Solution Designer to join an established Business Solution Design team in the beautiful city of Winchester.
This role will mostly involve the development of technology solutions built on enterprise class platforms.
Responsibilities of this role will include:
– Producing fully costed end-to-end solution designs that meet functional and non-functional requirements
– Leading on implementation
– Ensuring the successful implementation of solutions through to launch
– Completing solution design documentation
– Resolving any identified risks and architectural issues
– Dealing with stakeholders across the business at all levels
– Understand/ set high level scope for each proposal
– Making high level recommendation on likely delivery methods
– Creating task and resource estimates
To be suitable for this role you will have:
– Experience in delivering COTS and SaaS solutions as well working with in-house development functions
– Experience of a broad range of technologies including IDAM, Web Content Management, ERP, CRM, O365, integration services, server technologies, storage, firewalls, load balancers, databases, IaaS and PaaS
– Extensive knowledge in solution delivery lifecycles
Other essential skills & experience required:
– Experience in delivering O365 and SharePoint integrations
– Designed solutions based on applications in the O365 suite
– Experienced in Enterprise grade IT solution design
– Significant background knowledge and design experience / skills.
– Ability to act as SME against a wide range of proposals, technical & business areas
– Ability to work with BA’s and stakeholders to evolve requirements and develop a solution
– Good communication skills – including verbal, written and facilitation skills
– Experience of handling multiple tasks running concurrently with varying complexity, time constraints, impacts and risks
– Experience of supplier selection and procurement process such as RFP / ITT
– Experience of early planning, estimation and cost modelling.
– Knowledge of security principles
This role is based in Winchester, 10 minutes walk from the train station.
This role is for 5 months initially with a chance of extension. The rate of pay is £450/ day paid to umbrella company (or £345/ day PAYE).
For further information and to apply please contact Ali Worsfold at STR on 02392 322312 and email a copy of your up to date CV to email@example.com
STR Limited is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.