Solution Designer- Winchester- 5 month contract- £450 a day umbrella
Our client are a large public sector organisation who are looking for an experienced Business Solution Designer to join its established Business Solution Design team. The successful candidate will be responsible for the development of technology solutions built on enterprise class platforms which meet business requirements and enable projects to deliver against corporate strategies and objectives, ensuring these are in line with architectural standards.
They will be a member of a talented team acting as trusted advisors to colleagues at all levels in IT and the wider business. Working alongside Enterprise Architects, Business Relationship Managers, Business Analysts, Project Managers and Technical Specialists to produce fully costed end-to-end solution designs that meet functional and non-functional requirements, conforming to architecture standards and lead the implementation of these.
The successful candidate will have experience in delivering COTS and SaaS solutions as well working with in-house development functions. Experience of a broad range of technologies including IDAM, Web Content Management, ERP, CRM, O365, integration services, server technologies, storage, firewalls, load balancers, databases, IaaS and PaaS.
They will be well versed with solution delivery lifecycles and accountable for ensuring the successful implementation of solutions through to launch, completing solution design documentation and resolving any identified risks and architectural issues.
The successful candidate must be able to work effectively with all stakeholders at all levels within the organisation. Also to have the ability to present complex technical topics in a meaningful way to the business at all levels.
For each identified project
* Liaise with Business Analysts and Key Stakeholders helping to understand/set high level scope for each proposal.
* Research options and make high level recommendation on likely delivery methods.
* Liaise with the Enterprise Architecture team to ensure standards and future direction met.
* Feedback on likely achievement against initial business case.
* Create high level solution and infrastructure designs with cost estimates
* Create task and resource estimates.
* Present proposals for IT architecture approval.
Essential Skills & Experience
* Experience in delivering O365 and SharePoint integrations
* Designed solutions based on applications in the O365 suite
* Experienced in Enterprise grade IT solution design
* Significant background knowledge and design experience / skills.
* Ability to act as SME against a wide range of proposals, technical & business areas.
* Ability to work with BA’s and stakeholders to evolve requirements and develope a solution.
* Good communication skills – including verbal, written and facilitation skills
* Experience of handling multiple tasks running concurrently with varying complexity, time constraints, impacts and risks.
Experience of supplier selection and procurement process such as RFP / ITT
* Experience of early planning, estimation and cost modelling.
Knowledge of security principles
Desirable Skills & Experience
* Good grasp of server platforms, networking and storage essentials