Solutions Architect- Winchester/home- 6 month contract- £596 ph umbrella
Our client are a forward-thinking and innovative government organisation looking for an innovative Solutions Architect to join them on a 6 month contract in Winchester.
* As a Solutions Architect you’ll be responsible for designing solutions to our colleague’s business and technical problems
* The successful candidate will be responsible for the acquisition, design and development of technology solutions built on enterprise class platforms
* You will be a member of a talented team acting as trusted advisors to colleagues at all levels in IT and the wider business
* Working alongside Enterprise Architects, Business Relationship Managers, Business Analysts, Project and Programme Managers and Technical Specialists, all within our internal IT department
* Ability to be an SME for a wide range of proposals, technical & business areas. Some where you may have to learn as you go
* You will produce fully costed end-to-end solution designs that meet functional and nonfunctional requirements, conforming to architecture standards, and then assist in the implementation of these
* You will be well versed in solution delivery lifecycles and be technically accountable for the successful implementation of your solutions through to launch, completing design documentation and resolving any identified risks and architectural issues
* This will also include providing solution designs, preparing feasibility studies and tender documents, risk assessments and resource estimates for projects through their lifecycle.
* The successful candidate must be able to work effectively with stakeholders and the business at all levels within the organisation, including having the ability to present complex technical topics in a meaningful way to technical and non-technical audiences
* Support the Lead Solution Architect with the development of team focused and solution design improvements, standards and processes
What were looking for;
* Background in pre-sales, professional services and solutions design
* Experienced in Enterprise grade IT solution design
* An existing broad understanding of technologies across line of business applications, web services, networks, security, datacentre and cloud
* Experienced in designing and delivering a variety of line of business applications hosted from private, public, hybrid clouds
* Solid understanding of O365 and associated Microsoft applications * Ability to act as SME against a wide range of proposals, technical & business areas
* Experience in acting as technical lead on projects, taking ownership of technical and design issues and proactively driving resolution of these to meet the project goals *
* Experience of early planning, estimation and cost modelling
* Knowledge of security principles and federated identity/authentication approaches
This is currently a home working role, but the expectation is that some office working will be required in the future.
For further information and to apply please contact Victoria at STR on 02392 322309 and email a copy of your up to date CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
strgroup is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.