Software Engineer – Barrow – Full Time – Permanent – Competitive Salary dependent on experience
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Software Engineer for our client in Barrow.
As a Software Engineer you will be working within the Combat Systems Equipment Group, where you will be responsible for looking after the design and in service support for navigation systems for the UK submarine fleet. The main focus is on development of software for the Dreadnought class submarine. The role will also involve provision of support and change for existing systems on board the Astute and Vanguard class submarines, in service with the Royal Navy.
Your duties and responsibilities will include;
* Working in the Navigation team within CSEG, providing support to in service combat systems and designing new systems for future submarine programmes.
* Supporting high integrity software design for navigation equipment using C and C++
* Taking system requirements through from concept to delivery for the subsystem software
* Supporting the Delegated Technical Authority in defining and managing the navigation system requirements set.
* Setting up and managing software testing.
* Support design change for existing software.
To be suitable for this opportunity; you must have:
* Degree level qualification (or equivalent) in relevant field (e.g. Computer Science)
* Understanding of the full software development life cycle
* Experience with C and C##
The salary for this position is Competitive dependant on experience
This position is available full time Monday – Friday 37 hours a week.
Additional checks will be required on application.
This role is based in Barrow. If you are interested and want more information please call me on the number below or email back.
strgroup is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.