Software Development Engineer – 92141-1
Game Development Engineer – Cambridge – £60,000 PAYE – 6 Month Contract
Our client is a global technology organisation who require and experienced Software Development Engineer to collaborate with their research and product teams, who are focused on demonstrating novel game experiences using modern video games. The focus of the role will be to implement and extend novel game scenarios to experiment with and showcase machine-learning-based experiences, and to develop infrastructure for supporting such scenarios. The ideal candidate is a generalist game developer with experience across the entire game development cycle, from prototyping to shipping.
* As a part of the team you will be working with world-class researchers, engineers, and design experts.
* You will participate in, and contribute to, the generation of novel ideas and opportunities to showcase novel machine learning techniques in games.
* You will be responsible for planning your delivery and ensure the team can efficiently leverage the results of your work.
* As a part of your job you will develop novel game scenarios and prototypes, bringing together creativity and a hands-on approach.
* Strong track record in game development.
* Experience of development in modern game engines (e.g. Unity, Unreal) is required. Experience across a range of game engines and development tools is ideal.
* Hands-on knowledge of Python and either C/C++ or C# is required.
* Knowledge of Java and game modding is a plus.
* Familiarity with Azure services and/or other cloud platforms and technology is a plus, as is familiarity with Linux/Unix.
strgroup is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.