Site Design Lead
£40,000 to £50,000
Our client is looking for a Site Design Lead to join their team on a permanent basis in the Leamington Spa area.
This role will be to provide design input and expertise into the telecoms project feasibility studies. Manage design content and standards from external contractors via reference to guidance and specification documentation.
Ensure regional & contractor compliance to both internal and customer specifications including the communication to all parties. To make sure that customer specifications are adhered to and assist the business with assessing the impact of any specification change and assist the Design manager to represent the business on all matters relating to design issues.
– Providing input into the knowledge base for all the companies and customer site design and construction specifications
– Author Design guidelines and specifications for use by all undertaking design on behalf of the company. Maintain concurrency of the companies specifications to British Standards
– Operate systems for monitoring the quality of designs carried out by in house designers and contractors
– Review high cost construction items using the principles of value engineering leading to cost reductions
– Development and implementation of efficiencies and improvements to design practices. – Implementation of continuous improvement plans for design quality, including processes, techniques and training
– Assist with feasibility studies for new projects
– Co-ordinate drawing delivery from external contractors
– Check drawings for technical content
– Liaise with customers to ensure compliance to their required specifications, ensure that specification changes are suitably managed and communicated to internal teams and external suppliers
– Assess all designs for ICNIRP compliance
– Manage drawing filing system
– Maintain accurate records of drawing instructions & approvals
– Regular attendance of the design review meetings – Compiling specific reports for monitoring contractor progress
– Ensure all submitted designs are “value engineered” to provide the best technical & financial solution
– Occasionally attend site meetings to finalise design solutions
– Liaise with the Programme Managers to ensure all customer specification change is controlled and its impact analysed and understood – Liaise with external suppliers to ensure delivery to the required standards, SLAs and volumes – Liaise with the customer directly on design specification related matters
Ideally a minimum of 5-10 years’ experience in the telecoms industry, with a good understanding of designing telecoms installations and of RF design/engineering. Knowledge of project management methodologies.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR FROM OUR CANDIDATES
These roles are primarily based on a level of significant technical expertise or functional specialism.
They ensure delivery for a defined area of responsibility, generally within a specific team within a business unit. Individuals will have discretion to operate within their area of expertise and may be required to undertake complex problem solving / analysis.
They typically deliver activities as part of a direct or matrix team and support the delivery of professional or thought leadership
strgroup is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.