Service Desk Analyst –
£15 to £18
Service Desk Analyst – 3 Month Contract (To Permanent) – £15-18 per hour – Otterbourne
Our client is looking for a Service Desk Analyst/ 1st Line Support to join their team for an initial 3 month contract which after this time the role will go permanent. This will initially be in the Otterbourne office however, after the training and the role has gone permanent there could be a chance to work from home.
* To identify all and any impediments affecting the efficient delivery of applications and services and determine and execute appropriate measures for their mitigation
* The proactive detection, recording and escalation of problems, ensuring management is kept fully aware of key issues and their status
* To develop knowledge and processes for the support of new systems and services
* To achieve and exceed Service Desk Service Level Agreements
* To carry out investigations to identify trends, problems and areas for systems/process improvements
* To resolve an agreed proportion of requests and incidents and progress remaining tickets to appropriate 2nd, 3rd line teams and/or 3rd party organisations
* To reduce the impact of service affecting incidents and problems and ensure an appropriate and timely response to all reported issues
* Appropriate level experience of a busy 1st tier Service Desk operation
* Good application support experience with a proven ability to learn new and complex software applications
* Ability to work under pressure and deal with several problems simultaneously
* Demonstrable understanding of the ITIL Service Management framework and an appreciation of the complimentary quality standard ISO/IEC 20000.
* ITIL Practitioner or Foundation certified
* Advanced level education (or higher)
* One or more professional qualifications from leading solution providers: Microsoft, Cisco, Citrix, VMware, Oracle, etc.
* Microsoft MCSA, Cisco CCAA, Citrix CCENT, Symantec SCS, ServiceNow CSA (desirable)
strgroup is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.