Server Infrastructure Engineer – 5205089
£19 to £25
Server Infrastructure Engineer – Essex – £19.37 per hour – 9 Month Contract
Our client is looking for a Server Infrastructure Engineer to join the team and be responsible for the operational management and evolution of IT solutions infrastructure; predominately Windows Server environment in AWS.
* To manage all infrastructure elements and ensure maximum availability and value.
* To provide support and resolution to our customers issues as raised through out incident management system (ServiceNow).
* To provide Windows Server Support (AD, DCHP, DNS) for both physical and virtual servers.
* To provide recommendations an improvements on the current infrastructure ensuring that the correct balance between stability and innovation is maintained.
* To provide innovative solutions to complex problems and simplify and automate where appropriate.
* To undertake DR testing of key systems and infrastructure.
* Windows Server experience of Wintel Platform Administration
* Windows Server 2008 upwards.
* Active Directory/ Domain Controllers
* File Shares/ NTFS/ DFS
* Troubleshooting/ Event Logs/ Networks etc
* Experience of working with in-house and third party technical design teams to ensure appropriate solutions are designed and implemented.
* Good customer facing skills.
* Good diagnostic skills.
* Ability to interpret business requirements to deliver value solutions.
* Ability to work under pressure and to agreed timescales. Able to prioritise workload.
* Backup and recovery and experience of disaster recovery (Cloud).
* Experience with creating architectures that are secure, scalable, fault tolerant and highly available.
* Scripting / Automation programming knowledge/skills (PowerShell/Python/JSON/YAML or similar).
* Possess a good understanding of different infrastructure architectures.
* Understanding of the AWS infrastructure stack and VMWare technologies. Keen focus on virtualisation technologies, networking, resilient design, durability, serverless, financial
* controls and cloud technologies.
* Experience of working with Microsoft and Google cloud-native technologies.
* Linux platform administration.
* Storage / SAN.
* Cloud management controls.
* Infrastructure management tools such as WSUS, Systems Manager, Anti-Virus.
strgroup is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.