Senior Systems Administrator – 5206524
Senior Systems Administrator – £444.35 per day umbrella – Contract initially until 17th August 2022 (likely extension) – Hybrid/Bedford
Our client is a large public sector organisation who is looking for a Senior Systems Administrator to ensure the successful support, maintenance and development of their Social Care Systems including LiquidLogic LAS, LCS and ContrOCC, by overseeing the configuration and administration of these systems and associated reporting tools, and their underlying technology.
* The role will include being a senior member a team of Systems Administrators and be required to provide in-depth high-level technical advice and guidance (as well as their own hands-on input) on issues
* The system admin principles will be based around user lifecycle management, patch and upgrade management, change management, data stewardship, testing stewardship, system procurement and roadmap decisions, system performance monitoring and 2nd and 3rd line support, including leading the investigation of options and recommending and presenting solutions
* This role will also be responsible for engaging with the suppliers and any additional third party to ensure the reliable and effective delivery of this specialist IT system to our users, ensuring high resilience, high availability (up-time) and System Improvements.
* Must have experience providing system admin on ContrOCC
* In-depth knowledge of working with a complex social care solution in a business-critical application support role, including a thorough understanding of the change management issues associated with the maintenance, development and upgrading of multiuser relational databases
* Experience of managing an ICT system upgrade or implementation project and the ability to effectively project manage the delivery of time limited projects
* The ability to interpret the requirements of end users, business analysts and suppliers and be able to effectively communicate technical aspects to non-technical audiences, and in turn translate non-technical requests into technical specifications and work packages
* Experience of liaising with third party suppliers to support and upgrade systems and provide solutions to user requirements
* Strong interpersonal and communication skills (both oral and written), and experience of maintaining effective networks with colleagues in other disciplines and teams
* Sound organisational and planning skills, with the experience of managing a multi-threaded work programme which balances current processes and systems with changing project demands
* Comprehensive understanding of the systems administration requirements of all supported systems and provide operational guidance within the team relating to day to day operations, routine maintenance, backup and recovery procedures, hardware and architecture, interfaces with other systems, factors affecting system upgrades and future development opportunities.
strgroup is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.