Senior Software Engineer
Senior Software Engineer- Fife- Permanent- £46000 pa plus excellent benefits package.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Software Engineer to join a leading defence organisation based in Fife.
Your main responsibilities as a Senior Software Engineer will involve:
* Ownership of requirements, design and implementation, and test to a high standard, within schedule and estimates
* Software development of solutions
* Testing of completed functionality
* Adherence to project processes and software development practices
* Reporting on progress and providing feedback to team members and leadership
* Supporting System Test and Integration Activities
* Production of appropriate technical documentation
* Design of technical solutions
* Estimation of development activities
As part of the software team you will be expected to work closely with team members, and support the team and/or project leadership in daily activities. You may also be asked to lead teams of up to 10 engineers.
Your skills and qualifications as a Senior Software Engineer:
Proven competence in:
* Software development lifecycle and processes (e.g. design, coding, unit testing), and tools (e.g. UML design tools, code IDEs)
* Desktop-based applications (Java and Eclipse RCP or C#/C++)
* Web-oriented applications and services (Java/C#, JSP, HTML, CSS, Apache middleware)
* Business intelligence/analytics tools and techniques (ETL, SQL, Python)
* Windows or Linux target environments
* Object-oriented design/development including UML
For further information and to apply please contact Victoria at STR on 02392 322309 and email a copy of your up to date CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
strgroup is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.