Senior Software Engineer – 103575-1
Senior Software Engineer – £78,000 per annum PAYE – 6 Month Contract
Initially remote working, may require travel to Cambridge in the future.
Our client is a global technology organisation who require a talented Software Engineer to influence high impact, disruptive projects. The ideal candidate will enjoy being challenged and learning new skills around the core competencies described. The solutions developed are overwhelmingly for prototype systems, often with fast iteration rates. We have a fail-fast attitude where experimentation and risk are embraced.
* Impact the design of an exciting new storage system by helping develop the software driving the system.
* Join an incredibly talented multi-disciplinary team of laser physicists, optical physicists, electronics engineers, and computer scientists working together in a team to build this storage technology of the future.
* Work productively modifying an existing codebase, managing exotic hardware devices, occasionally in a multi-threaded context.
* You will contribute to feature design work, writing code, modifying existing code, testing changes. Talking to other team members to clarify requirements and coordinate over the use of equipment.
* Enjoy being challenged and learning new skills.
* Python, NumPy
* Mutli-threaded code experience
strgroup is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.