Senior Property Lawyer
£45 to £50
Senior Property Lawyer – Tower Hamlets – 3 month contract – £45-50ph umbrella (depending on experience)
Our client is looking for a property solicitor to carry an extensive caseload of high profile, complex and sensitive matters providing the full range of Legal Services necessary in respect of the areas of work covered by the team.
Main job responsibilities:
* To act as a senior lawyer in a team of Lawyers primarily responsible for legal matters arising from property advice and transactions and to carry a varied, extensive and complex caseload.
* To assist the Principal Lawyer Regeneration & Property in the overall operation and development of the team and training for other officers of the Council and Members.
* Actively contribute to the council’s priorities and outcomes in a way that promotes a ‘one organisation’ approach.
* To represent Legal Services at Cabinet meetings, Committees, working parties, panels and other meetings with Officers and outside bodies as necessary.
* To attend Court and Tribunals to present and defend cases as necessary.
* To determine the need for and use of external advice and/or representation at Court and Tribunals in order to properly meet the requirements of the Council
* To research, draft and prepare leases, transfers, licences and other property documentation including Court and other legal documents appropriate to the work undertaken by the Team
Requirements for this role:
* A Qualified Solicitor/Barrister or Fellow of CILEX and hold a practising certificate.
* Experience working on property based cases
* Experience being the legal lead for large scale regeneration projects
* Experience of supervising junior staff
If you are interested in this position, please email your CV over to email@example.com with the job reference: 84480. If you have not heard back after 5 working days, please assume you have been unsuccessful in your application at this time.
strgroup is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.