Senior Programme Officer
Senior Programme Officer
West Berkshire | 6 Month Contract | Full Time | £25ph Umbrella | Start June 2021 |
We have a fantastic new opportunity with a government sector client in West Berkshire for a Senior Programme Officer to join them on a 6-month contract.
* To lead on the health inequalities programme of work for the business
* To lead on NHS Health Checks and contribute towards the business priority workstream
* Contribute to the management and direction of local policies and strategies in relation to health improvement and the reduction of inequalities
* Ensure that the reduction of health inequalities is embedded into policy, strategies and practice across the local authority based on population need, evidence of best practice and effectiveness
* Keep up to date with relevant national and local policy, evidence and good practice focusing on wider determinants and health improvement
* To identify opportunities to promote innovation and excellence in addressing health inequalities and improve outcomes for vulnerable communities
* Champion work that empowers local communities to improve their health and wellbeing
* To take a leadership role in reducing inequalities in testing and uptake of covid-19 vaccinations as part of the business’ response to Covid-19
* To support the business’s recovery from Covid-19 and work to mitigate the long term impact of Covid-19 on individuals and communities
* To support the implementation of the new Berkshire West Health and Wellbeing Strategy
* To work as part of the business public health system, working closely with the public health shared team and other local public health teams in Berkshire
* Undertake professional developmental activities, including in-house training, conference and workshops and other agreed activities
* Promote equality as an integral part of the role, treating everyone with fairness and dignity.
* Comply with business health and safety policies, procedures and rules, taking reasonable care of self and others.
Skills, Experience & Qualifications
* Degree or Post-Grad Diploma in Public Health or related subject
* Willing to work towards the “Public Health Practitioner” registration
* Experience and knowledge of working with the NHS, local government, community and voluntary sector groups
* Experience of developing, implementing and evaluating public health programmes
Are you interested in this opportunity and wish to apply or find out more?
Send your CV and Covering Letter over to Anna at STR Group on firstname.lastname@example.org
strgroup is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.