Senior Programme Assurance Manager
£47,450 to £59,300
I am looking for a Senior Programme Assurance Manager to be based in Birmingham for a permanent position. The salary is between £47450 and £59300 with a 20% flex fund which can be taken as a cash benefit on top of salary. This is working for a large exciting public sector client.
As a Senior Programme Assurance Manager, you will support the Head of Programme and Corporate Assurance in the development and management of the programme and corporate assurance strategy, leading specific implementation initiatives, and conducting reviews across the client’s programme.
About the role:
* To provide support to the Head of Programme and Corporate Assurance in the development of the strategy and the framework of processes, tools and templates that define assurance expectations across all aspects of the programme and organisation
* To lead the delivery of specific projects/initiatives to implement and embed the company’s assurance policy, strategy, procedures and reporting format across the organisation
* Coordinate periodic reviews of project baselines (scope, cost, risk and schedule) and the Financial and Economic models which use this information, working with specialist assurance providers, both internally and from 3rd parties where required
* Undertake assurance mapping reviews aligned to the requirements of each programme/project stage gate and work with Risk Champions to make recommendations regarding coverage
* Contribute to the development of assurance engagement and training materials that support delivery of effective assurance throughout the programme; deliver training to colleagues, support partners, and suppliers, as appropriate
* Maintain good working relationships with partners
* Educated to degree standard or equivalent experience
* Professional assurance, internal control or audit qualifications or equivalent
* Knowledge of range of assurance activities, tools and techniques and their application
* Knowledge of best practice in project, programme and portfolio management
* Experience of delivering assurance across a major programme, or a complex organisation, with multiple stakeholders
* Experience leading cross-functional teams to deliver common objectives in a matrix environment
* Assurance, internal control or audit experience within both the private and public sector is preferable
strgroup is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.