Senior Planning Officer
£15 to £17
Senior Planning Officer – Ipswich – Full Time – 4 Month Contract – £16ph umbrella
We currently have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Planning Officer to join the team at a senior level for dealing with planning applications which are decided by the County Council and supervising other staff involved in such work. In addition, there will be the opportunity to work on policy development or influencing new plans and major applications at district level.
The intention for this post will be to work on both development management and forward planning responsibilities. The balance of this work will change over time. Initially it is likely that this will lean towards development management.
Your duties and responsibilities will include:
* To assist in the determination of planning applications for minerals & waste developments and for the County Council’s own development. This will include the presenting cases at Development Control Committee
* To supervise the work of other planning officers where appropriate
* To support the Development Manager, Planning Strategy Manager and Head of Planning on various tasks.
* To carry out broader development management functions as appropriate.
* To provide a pre application advice service to applicants to enhance the quality of planning application submissions.
To be suitable for this opportunity; you must have:
* Experience working as a planning officer
* Experience of planning policy or development management
* Degree in either Town/County Planning or an Environmental/Political Degree
The rate for this position is £16ph umbrella.
This position is available full time Monday – Friday 37 hours a week.
This is initially a 4 month contract, but there is potential for extension.
Additional checks will be required on application.
This role is based in Ipswich.
For more information on this opportunity and to apply please call Kelvin Thurman at STR Group on 02392 322351 and email your CV to email@example.com
strgroup is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.