Senior HR Consultant
You will have responsibility for one or more HR specialist areas and report to a functional HR&OD Manager, and/or operate as a professional/technical specialist working with services to improve organisational performance through the provision of leading edge HR&OD practices. You will build and maintain strong and productive relationships to deliver a range of strategic and operational solutions.
The key accountabilities of this role are:
* Provide managers with consistent, pragmatic and effective advice on the management and resolution of people issues covering a wide range of HR areas, mitigating risk to the organisation whilst optimising resources to deliver highly effective and creative solutions.
* Work in partnership with the client group at a senior level to establish an excellent understanding of their service and the challenges they face to proactively identify opportunities for operational and strategic intervention capitalising on external best practice;
* Manage HR&OD casework and projects and provide a high quality, professional and solution based service to clients.
Lead Consultants use their significant knowledge, expertise, significant experience and sound judgement to provide a professional HR advisory service across directorates and partner organisations.
They are flexible and work with different customers, including schools, up to a senior level, and may negotiate and consult with trade unions and staff as appropriate.
They use highly developed HR skills, including coaching and mentoring, to build capability in their customers.
* CIPD qualified to post graduate diploma level, or able to evidence equivalent knowledge and understanding of HR & OD disciplines.
* Ability to use a variety of digital platforms relevant to job role, and understanding of how new technologies can support and transform HR&OD services.
* Significant practical experience of advising customers on complex case work or within a specialist area of HR & OD, applying policy, relevant case law and a balanced approach to risk and resolving issues promptly.
strgroup is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.