Senior HR Advisor
Tyne and Wear
Senior HR Advisor – £22.75 per hour umbrella – 3 Month Contract – Based in Sunderland with agile working
Our client is a large public sector organistion who requires a Senior HR Advisor to cover the full company HR spectrum from recruitment and selection, HR administration, performance management and the provision of specialist HR Advice and Support.
* To provide specialist talent management and recruitment advice to the company.
* To provide advice, guidance, support and challenge to managers, colleagues, internal and external customers, employees and partner organisations on HR Policy and development, case management and re-organisations, to support resolution of HR issues.
* Receive and respond to customer issues within the specialist area, and provide advice on HR issues, some of which can be complex.
* Some negotiation may be involved when working on projects or pieces of work, as required (for example with trade unions on proposals, or service managers, or employees), in order to achieve an acceptable outcome. When required to give evidence at employment tribunal on occasion, or advise directly at hearings or appeals, in order to assist in ensuring matters are dealt with in line with HR policies, and to seek resolution of HR issues.
* To produce HR policies which meet legislative requirements and organisational objectives. Development and delivery of specialist HR training to Company/Schools.
* Understand and assess the service requirements of customers, in order to provide input into work plans and setting of objectives and contribute towards ensuring effective service delivery.
* Supporting the development of new and existing members of staff, in order to share knowledge and experience.
* Promoting the adherence to the Company Induction Policy. Contribute to plans and strategies for service improvement (e.g. SAP optimisation).
* Working with the HR Manager in the delivery of the Recruitment & Retention strategy.
* Ensuring the maintenance of effective establishment control processes; enabling the reporting of accurate HR data to inform KPIs.
* Participating in the roll-out of an internal ‘HR Knowledge Zone’, ensuring that HR colleagues are kept abreast of the latest development/changes impacting on HR service delivery.
* Contribute to the review of the Company HR offer (SLAs) to meet Service/School requirements; ensuring value for money and maximising income.
* Developing a clear process for annual review/promotion and marketing of the Company HR offer.
* CIPD Level 5 Qualified
* Previous experience of recruitment and talent management.
* Previous HR Advisory experience to the Children’s workforce.
* Experience of working to strict deadlines, including the ability to manage, plan and prioritise workload to meet customer requirements, working at a fast pace and coping well with higher levels of workload.
* Handling problems and difficult situations calmly and sensitively.
* Work effectively within a busy team environment be helpful and co-operative with others.
* Demonstrate negotiation skills to balance conflicting and competing demands across full spectrum of HR management.
* Demonstrate effective verbal communication skills.
* Demonstrate effective written skills and the ability to write reports, record information or input data.
strgroup is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.