Senior Finance Business Partner & Senior Finance Manager
£25 to £35
I am currently recruiting for a Senior Finance Business Partner and a Senior Finance Manager to join the team of a public sector organisation based in Wirral. This will be 6 Month Contract role, currently working from home and the rate will be between £25ph – £35ph Umbrella (Inside IR35).
My client is looking for someone with extensive experience of providing technical financial support in relation to the development of change programmes and target operating models. For example, complex financial modelling to support business case development and the validation of efficiency programmes. The successful candidate will work collaboratively across a range of directorates including finance, programme management office and organisational design. They will further be able to build strong relationships with senior stakeholders providing robust advice and guidance. The ideal candidate should have experience of working in a programme management environment.
Key role requirements will involve:
* Financial modelling – which takes into account rising demand in calculating / projecting savings associated with programmes.
* Technical financial support to programmes – input to development of financial business cases / savings projections.
* Financial assessment of savings proposals to determine whether they are feasible and achievable.
* Financial assessment of savings in the change programme and when they will be achieved.
* Baseline of current budgets as compared to savings proposals.
* Review of budgets/zero basing.
* Validation (or writing of) business cases with benefits validated.
* Support with identifying new areas for savings – benchmarking/what other similar organisations are doing.
* Spend analysis.
* Management of staff may also be required.
* Be able to challenge and influence senior stakeholders when delivering on key projects and objectives including target operating model.
* Challenge constructively when reviewing financial plans or working with various stakeholders across various directorates.
* Build strong relationships with a range of stakeholders, and confidently present and deliver key messages, information and objectives.
* Financial modelling and analysis including risk management techniques in line with various reporting requirements.
To be suitable for this opportunity; the following qualifications or experience is required:
* Current Member of a CCAB member body or CIMA and demonstrable evidence of continuing professional development (CPD).
* Experience of working in a programme management environment.
* Experience in leadership and staff management at a senior level.
* Demonstrable financial modelling and analysis including risk management techniques.
* Programme and project management skills to ensure benefits realisation can be captured, delivered and measured.
* High level of interpersonal and influencing skills to develop sustainable and beneficial relationships with stakeholders.
For further information and to apply then please contact Deanna at STR on 02392322381 and email a copy of your most recent CV to