Senior Finance Business Partner
£400 to £450
Senior Finance Business Partner
Chelmsford, Remote | £450 Day Umbrella | Initial 6 Month Contract | Start ASAP
We are working alongside the UK’s second largest local authority based in Chelmsford, Essex in the search of a Senior Finance Business Partner to join them on an initial 6m Contract.
This role is ideal for a qualified accountant with business partnering experience within the public sector to advance their career. Your role will sit within the Strategic Finance and Insight Team, who has responsibility for delivering all aspects of the medium term financial strategy and setting the annual £1bn revenue and £300m circa budgets. To do this successfully requires proactive advice and guidance to all levels of management and members to influence decision making.
* Co-ordinate the development of financial plans for directorate services ensuring they reflect the directorate’s strategic objectives.
* Monitor performance of those budgets and analyse key variances timely, proposing remedial action as required
* Provide timely and accurate information and advice to budget holders to allow effective management of their budgets and assist them in carrying out their financial duties, constructively challenging where appropriate
* Promote a culture which empowers budget holders and supports the delivery of value for money services, including reporting on benchmark information and key cost drivers
* Analyse, interpret and communicate financial and performance data, and provide financial advice in the form of management and board reports. Complete financial returns and questionnaires as required
* Develop a sound understanding of unit costs, interpreting price / activity variances. Propose and develop appropriate cost drivers for service budgets and ensure accurate preparation, monitoring and control of estimates and forecasts
* Implement and maintain effective financial arrangements and promote the review of financial policy, systems and practice supporting the delivery of a programme of continual improvement
* Produce accurate financial forecasts and plans highlighting potential opportunities and risks. Quantify and grade risks identified and support the formulation and implementation of mitigation plans where these are required
* Undertake financial impact assessments relating to changes in or new legislative and service initiatives
* Support the arrangements in place for financial management of the Capital Programme
* Support the timely preparation of robust business cases from a financial perspective, identifying and quantifying associated costs, benefits, risks and funding solutions
* Contribute to the work involved in achieving the objectives in Financial Professional Services annual plan and ensuring the benefits are realised
* Co-ordinate the delivery of information to support the annual accounts closure programme as requested and in accordance with the agreed timetable
Remote Working Available – 3/4 Days a week
Qualifications & Experience required
* Qualified Accountant – ACCA, CIMA, CIPFA or equivalent
* 2 Years’ post qualification experience within FBP role
* Background working as part of a busy finance team within the public sector
* Demonstrate significant experience of working with and influencing members and / or executives, as well as, multi-disciplinary teams to achieve service outcomes.
Get in contact with Anna at STR Group Services, by emailing an up-to-date CV in application today!
Tel: 02392 315 073
Due to receiving a high number of applications to our opportunities, we are not always able to contact all applicants with feedback. If you do not hear from us in 5 working days from application, please conclude you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
strgroup is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.