Senior Finance Advisor
Senior Finance Advisor
Chichester, West Sussex | 3 Month Contract | £300 Day Umbrella | FT | Start ASAP
We are currently recruiting for an experienced Finance Directorate to join a local authority based in West Sussex on an initial 3 Month contract.
Key Operational Activities
* This role will provide reliable, efficient, and effective flexible support to a team (or across teams) of a high-level administrative nature relating to the delivery of a specialist financial service. Including responding to typical client queries, giving standard information and guidance relating to the service, maintaining records, and producing standard correspondence providing support and day to day processing according to set procedures.
* Provides specialist financial support to the team, with a good understanding of the service specialism, objectives, and requirements. Organises own workload, planning work over a period of months in co-ordination with others to meet service objectives and deliver a customer focused service.
* Analyses and interprets complex technical financial information relating to the team specialism and draws conclusions to action tasks appropriately. For example, liaison with budget holders on debt write offs and Legal Services on referrals and court action.
* Produces performance information data, financial statistics, and other management information, manipulating and analysing manual and computerised data as necessary, both directly for clients and in support of managers to feed into reports.
* Updates and maintains relevant computerised and manual records relating to the service appropriately and accurately.
* Knowledge and awareness of the processes and systems associated with working within a financial and performance management environment including an awareness of accounting principles and/or performance analysis methodologies.
To be suitable for this position, you will need to hold the following
qualifications and/or experience:
* AAT Level 3 or Professional Finance Qualification (NVQ4, HNC, or HND in Finance, Business or Management)
* Good working knowledge of MS Excel and SAP or other similar equivalent IT finance and performance systems. Sound and accurate overall IT knowledge including Microsoft Office.
* Previous Public Sector Experience (desired)
To find out more about this opportunity or to apply, please contact Anna at STR.
For application, please send an up to date CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Tel: 02392 315073
strgroup is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.