Senior DevOps Engineer – 103782-1
Senior DevOps Engineer – £140,000 per annum PAYE – 6 Month Contract PAYE – Remote Based
Our client is a global technology organisation who requires a Senior DevOps Engineer to work with the Cloud Infrastructure team by helping them expand their Azure infrastructure setup. They are in the process of migrating their existing systems to Azure from AWS and are looking for an engineer with previous experience of working with production systems and services in Azure.
As part of the larger Cloud and Data team within Swiftkey, their team provide a consultative function to teams and developers looking to configure and deploy their workloads. They have embraced the DevOps philosophy and it informs the way they work, the tools they employ and their planning for the future. At the present moment, their main focus involves a large-scale migration from AWS to Azure.
* Extensive experience working with Cloud infrastructure and deployment of Cloud based workloads.
* Have worked with Azure to deploy production environments and services.
* Have current knowledge and experience of Azure services with emphasis on secure configuration of infrastructure & applications.
* Excellent understanding of networking and Linux.
* Have excellent understanding of container technology. Docker in particular.
* Experience using infrastructure as code and configuration management tools. (They use Terraform, Packer & Ansible).
* Work well as part of a team with excellent communication skills and a desire to document everything.
* Have A passion for automation.
* Have used CI/CD tools. (e.g. Jenkins, Azure DevOps, TeamCity)
* Are comfortable writing in Bash and Python.
* Container Orchestration: Apache Mesos, Apache Aurora, Kubernetes (Self provisioned or AKS / GKS / EKS), Hashicorp Nomad, Mesosphere Marathon
* Big Data – Spark, Cassandra.
* Experience of Azure DevOps.
* Prometheus monitoring ecosystem.
* Knowledge of Cloud & Network Security
* Have worked with production systems in a DevOps, CloudOps, Production Engineering or SRE (Site Reliability Engineer) capacity.
strgroup is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.