Senior Data Engineer
£50,000 to £60,000
Senior Data Engineer – Up to £60,000 per annum – Remote – Permanent
Are you a Senior Data Engineer who is looking for a fully remote role where you can lead the delivery of data development, enablement and design? If you answered yes, then this might just be the perfect role for you. You will be owning and delivering the technical design and development of the data infrastructure, including migration projects.
This is a demanding role with a lot of work required, but this role is rewarding and presents a unique opportunity to build a high-performance team and make your mark within a business, that wants to see you succeed.
* Provide technical input and development of on-premise or cloud data warehouse solutions
* Deliver against data roadmaps and support the change to embed a data driven culture across the business collaborating with customer, technology, partner, and finance teams
* Ensuring data risks are identified and highlighted, included within the Risk Register as appropriate
* Enabling data-enabled strategies
* Enabling all forms of business outcomes through analytics
* Work with the broader Data function to ensure data is accurate and quality frameworks are in place
* Work with the broader Data function to support delivery of the Data Analytics Programme
* Ensuring appropriate checks and controls are in place to deliver sustainable and supported development within the team
* Ensuring data is stored and exchanged securely and in line with infosec policy
* Implement Scaled Agile methodology for development and deployment
* Maintain data and analytics governance in collaboration with the Head of Data Governance, and ensuring GDPR compliance
* Ensure a consistent high-quality customer experience with all touch points
* Define the training requirements to enable the teams to deliver to the quality and performance standards
* Provide the tools, resource and discipline to deliver brilliant business as usual from data analytics and data science teams.
* Drives integration and positive collaboration across the business to ensure achievement of strategic goals
* Attract, develop and retain the best talent to ensure we have the right people for today and the future.
* Hands-on and leading by example to create a positive, high performance culture
* Previous Data Engineering experience working to Kimball or Inmon methodology
* Previous experience in designing and implementing Data Marts, Master Data Management, and other aspects of Data Warehouses
* Designing Release Procedures
* Applied knowledge of GDPR in a complex data environment
* Previous DBA experience (Stored Procedures, Schedule Tasks, Triggers, Indexing, Partitioning, Constraints)
* Proven track record in turning complex data sets into simplified actionable insight and analytics
* Expert in multiple ETL disciplines eg. SSIS, DataStage, Python
* Expert knowledge in full Microsoft development stack eg. SSMS, SSRS, SSAS
* Knowledge of Business Objects/Oracle Discover
* Advanced in VBA, C#, .Net
* Expert working knowledge of full O365 stack and their appropriate use
* Working knowledge and practical application of Scaled Agile Framework
* Experience of Team Management
* Experience in coaching and training of Developers
* Demonstratable evidence in self-development eg. Training & development
strgroup is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.