Senior Contract Manager
£47,450 to £59,300
As a Senior Contract Manager, you will provide strategic direction and be accountable for a team within Corporate Contract Management team and contribute to the overall effectiveness of the department. The Senior Contract Manager must deliver significant benefits to the client, ensuring all Corporate Contracts within their team are managed compliantly with the Contract Management System (CMS), whilst delivering value for money and embedding a culture of continuous improvement.
About the role:
* Develop and lead a team (direct and indirect reports) to deliver technical and commercial expertise of corporate Contract Management.
* Ensure effective integration between the Contract Managers and Corporate Procurement team in the progression of Procurement activity.
* Ensure governance approval and assurance is achieved for of all contract deliverables as defined within the CMS, including contract variations and contract management plans
* Lead the identification and implementation of innovative contract management approaches in order to enhance levels of service and minimise costs and contractual and commercial risks, ensuring compliance with the CMS
* Drive effective processes and behaviours across the team and with external suppliers
* Lead the development of positive relationships with HS2 Directors/Senior Managers internal and external stakeholders
* Identify, develop and prepare business cases, reports and committee items and present to the appropriate internal and external stakeholders (including Boards and Committees)
* Actively engage with all areas of the business during business planning exercises, and use the outputs to monitor spend and budgets across the contracts portfolio.
* Promote the importance of compliant contract management across business units and best practice through continuous improvement so that the CMS is effective in delivering objectives
* Advise all stakeholders on applicable EU and UK procurement legislation and developments, applicable government policies and procurement routes; to ensure that all activities comply with regulations.
* Member of APM, RICS, CIPS or similar recognised body
* Understanding of the supply market for indirect services in the public/utilities sectors
* Experience of leading teams, managing/coaching staff in their career development & proven ability to drive excellence in staff leadership and management skills
* Experience of managing contracts ranging in value & delivering savings to a public sector organisation
* Effective internal & external stakeholder engagement skills
* Skilled in compiling and reviewing robust tender and commercial documents in line with the Regulations and internal governance e.g. Contract Management Plans
* Ability to identify the opportunities to develop, implement, realise and embed innovation, value for money and benefits realisation within the processes and contracts
* Demonstrates stakeholder focus, giving priority to engage with & understand requirements & facilitating others’ understanding, to ensure these can be discussed & met as closely as possible
* Understanding of EU procurement & contract life-cycles for specific projects & articulate procedures & policies