Senior Contract Manager 5078911
£47,450 to £59,300
About the role:
* Develop and lead a team (direct and indirect reports) to deliver technical and commercial expertise of corporate Contract Management.
* Ensure effective integration between the Contract Managers and Corporate Procurement team in the progression of Procurement activity.
* Ensure governance approval and assurance is achieved for of all contract deliverables as defined within the CMS, including contract variations and contract management plans
* Lead the identification and implementation of innovative contract management approaches in order to enhance levels of service and minimise costs and contractual and commercial risks, ensuring compliance with the CMS
* Drive effective processes and behaviours across the team and with external suppliers
* Lead the development of positive relationships with HS2 Directors/Senior Managers internal and external stakeholders
* Identify, develop and prepare business cases, reports and committee items and present to the appropriate internal and external stakeholders (including HS2 Boards and Committees)
* Actively engage with all areas of the business during business planning exercises, and use the outputs to monitor spend and budgets across the contracts portfolio.
* Promote the importance of compliant contract management across business units and best practice through continuous improvement so that the CMS is effective in delivering HS2’s objectives
* Advise all stakeholders on applicable EU and UK procurement legislation and developments, applicable government policies and procurement routes; to ensure that all HS2 activities comply with regulations.
* Member of APM, RICS, CIPS or similar recognised body
* Understanding of the supply market for indirect services in the public / utilities sectors
* Experience of leading teams, managing/coaching staff in their career development and proven ability to drive excellence in staff leadership and management skills
* Experience of managing contracts ranging in value and delivering savings to a public sector organisation
* Effective internal and external stakeholder engagement skills
* Skilled in compiling and reviewing robust tender and commercial documents in line with the Regulations and internal governance e.g. Contract Management Plans
* Ability to identify the opportunities to develop, implement, realise and embed innovation, value for money and benefits realisation within the processes and contracts
* Demonstrates stakeholder focus, giving priority to engage with and understand requirements and facilitating others’ understanding, to ensure these can be discussed and met as closely as possible
* Understanding of EU procurement and contract life-cycles for specific projects and articulate procedures and policies
* Ability to develop meaningful metrics for contract management purposes, incentivisation and contract performance measurements.
strgroup is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.