Senior Content Manager
Senior Content Manager – Permanent – £44,051 per annum – Remote/ London/ Cardiff/ Birmingham/ Leeds/ Manchester
Our client is looking for a Senior Content Producer to join the team to support the client in achieving its mission, values and vision by leading the design and implementation of internal content. This role ensures people feel informed, connected and purposeful in order to drive the organisational performance.
The role will be primarily home based but will have occasional days in the office at any of the above locations.
* Lead, direct and coordinate the Internal Communications Managers to deliver exceptional, outcomefocussed editorial for multiple channels, including but not limited to: infographics video briefing and storyboards; podcasts; written copy for email, leadership communications and newsletters; Powerpoint presentations; employee social media content (Yammer)
* Design, lead and implement a Forcewide recognition scheme including an events schedule to celebrate our unsung heroes
* Lead, direct and coordinate the introduction – and subsequent embedding of an internal tone of voice to be used throughout the organization, to ensure we talk to each other in personal and human way – to be incorporated across governance, internal communications, presentations and policies.
* Plan and lead on amplifying employee voice across all our channels to foster a culture fo communities where colleagues’ voice are heard – identifying opportunities to use employee generated content where possible
* Provide expert advice and professional oversight to all communications colleagues who create content – advising them how to best achieve their desired outcomes.
* Build and maintain positive working relationships with counterparts at key partner and stakeholder organisations, representing and influencing strategic decisionmaking at a senior level.
* Plan, coordinate and lead the implementation of a ‘cascade’ structure to allow regular dissemination of key strategic information from the Chief Officer Group downwards, including every level of the organization
* As a trusted advisor, work with Divisional Commander/Directors to increase their visibility with the teams through targeted communications to foster trust and build our leadership brand internally and externally
* Represent by influencing and playing an active role in various rail, policing and IC industry communications forums as required.
* Represent Internal Communications at meetings with senior stakeholders, including with the correct Authority, to ensure these stakeholders are involved in our communications to secure buyin to our approach
* Devise and deliver inhouse training and source appropriate external training where required, providing the IC team with skills to support them in their roles and make sure they are up-to-date with the latest IC developments
* Devise and deliver inhouse tone of voice training to colleagues of all levels to ensure that we are talking with one voice
* When required, deputise for the Head of Internal Communications in their absence.
* Proven experience of leading Internal Communication practitioners in a strategi IC function in a large matrix organization
* Proven experience of planning, delivering and evaluating internal communications strategies for a large and complex organization, on time and on budget
* Experience of planning and delivering (preferably award-winning) internal campaigns that successfully met objectives
* Experiencing of successfully driving employyee engagement through Internal Communications
* Significant experience strategic communications advice at a senior level
* Building and maintaining excellent working relationships with multiple partners and stakeholders and acting as a representative at a senior level
* Proven experience of commissioning and managing external design and communications agencies
* Demonstrable ability to exercise sound editorial judgement and brand guardianship
* Proven experience of crisis communications management and managing reputational issues
* Managing, developing and mentoring staff and building an effective team
* Outstanding leadership skills to support, develop and benchmark colleagues’ skills
* Excellent knowledge of Office 365 including Word, PowerPoint, Yammer, Forms and Teams
* Solid understanding of the how Internal Communications drives employee engagement and which the enablers to this
* Solid understanding of the value of an Employee Value Proposition and how it contributes to building advocacy and our brand internally and externally
* Exceptional ability to quickly understand what makes our people ‘tick’ and how different audiences consume communications
* Sound knowledge and understanding of evaluation techniques and how to measure effectiveness, so the team adopts a continuos improvement philosophy
* Exceptional ‘news’ judgement and understanding of what makes a good internal story
* Understanding of Data Protection and Freedom of Information
strgroup is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.