Senior Commercial Manager
£54,500 to £68,150
I am looking for a senior commercial manager to be based in Birmingham, this will be on site 5 days a week. This is paying between £54500 to £68150 + Flex fund 20% on top. (top end is up to £81,780 circa).
This role is responsible for delivering commercial activities within the Delivery teams. The role provides leadership to HS2 commercial staff engaged in the management of the major infrastructure contracts required to deliver the HS2 vision. The role works alongside the supply chain and contractors within the development and delivery teams, assuring and supporting their commercial activities to provide an independent view to Head of Commercial.
Role of Directorate/Department
To support the delivery of HS2’s strategic goals by building value adding supply chains with sustainable commercial relationships. To do this we must:-
* Successfully achieve the award of all contracts required to deliver the construction, testing, commissioning and operation of HS2 in a fair, transparent, and non-discriminatory manner, by the agreed dates (as per Utilities Contract Regulations 2016);
* Provide commercial support and decision-making across all HS2s contracts and manage those contracts to ensure that they deliver the strategic objectives of the project throughout the term of the agreement and deliver demonstrable value for money;
* Support the delivery of HS2’s strategic goals by building value adding supply chains with sustainable commercial relationships that deliver value and comply with HS2’s obligations set out in the Development Agreement and any associated Undertakings and Assurances;
* Negotiate Commercial Agreements with third parties, coordinating interfaces and integrating across contracts and suppliers;
Ensure that HS2 has the goods and services required by the organisation to guarantee success across each stage of the delivery lifecycle.
* To be responsible for developing commercial works information, reviewing works information from other functions and drafting contract documents to ensure consistency and alignment with procurement plans.
* To be responsible for supporting the Procurement team in the development and delivery of tender evaluation models and contract documentation including terms and conditions and associated commercial mechanisms, works and site information to be consistent with strategies and procurement plans.
* To be responsible for evaluating tenders and supporting moderation to achieve Contract Award.
* To be responsible for developing a contract management plan.
* To be responsible for supporting contract readiness.
To be accountable for providing commercial assurance to Head of Commercial of all Delivery commercial activities (HS2 & Supply Chain), including:
* To be accountable for delivering commercial and contract management of the contracts to maintain effective commercial control;
* To be accountable for