Senior Commercial Lawyer
Senior Commercial Lawyer – Leeds – 6 month contract – £51.06ph umbrella
Our client is looking for a Senior Commercial Solicitor to play a key leadership role providing direction to mini teams and supporting Deputy Directors in the delivery of commercial legal services to central government departments and executive agencies.
Successful candidates can expect to be playing a key role in delivering some of the most high profile, complex and far reaching commercial issues in government.
Main job responsibilities and requirements for this role include:
* You will be expected to lead, and be responsible for delivering, a range of complex and challenging projects to quality and time, and will need to be comfortable working at pace and exercising judgment in relation to matters of national importance.
* Demonstrate strong communication and leadership skills as well as strong legal and strategic analysis, sound judgement, pragmatism and pro-activity.
* Able to command the confidence of senior clients and ministers
* Senior lawyers will typically be required to lead large high value complex commercial projects whilst providing specialist commercial advice across a wide range of areas including:
* public procurement
* contract drafting, interpretation and management
* grant agreements
* subsidy control
* IP and branding issues
* data use and protection
* Information law
* other bespoke commercial arrangements
Suitable candidates will have:
· Significant and strong commercial and contract law experience is essential.
· Significant recent public sector commercial experience, as a lawyer.
· Extensive complex commercial contract drafting experience in a public sector context.
· Skilled in presenting risk based legal advice to senior stakeholders.
· Sound knowledge of the procurement regulations and their application in practice
· awareness of Public Law in a commercial setting
This is a hybrid working opportunity.
If you are interested in this position, please email your CV over to email@example.com with the job reference: 84453. If you have not heard back after 5 working days, please assume you have been unsuccessful in your application at this time.
strgroup is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.