Senior Applications Support Engineer
£23 to £26
Senior Applications Support Engineer – Bristol – 9 month plus Contract – £23-26 per hour (Umbrella)
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Applications Support Engineer based in our client’s ICT section, this role provides proactive application support and technical implementation for a range or council services and projects.
Your duties and responsibilities will include;
* Acting as technical lead for implementation projects or major software upgrades, including liaison with business users and other areas of ICT, contributing to production of design documents and implementation plans
* Incident and problem management covering technologies such as SQL Server, IIS, Sharepoint, Azure that are used by applications
* Ensure that the Client’s approach to equal opportunities is developed in practice within the Division.
To be suitable for this opportunity; the following qualifications or experience is required:
* You will have in depth knowledge and experience in most of the following areas:
* SQL Server (versions 2008 to 2014), including backup, restore, migration
* IIS7/8 configuration
* application/database security and more general ICT security,
* Windows server (2008 to 2016) and desktop systems,
* Oracle 11/12 DBA, Solaris 11
* Resolution of complex application issues
* Experience of working within small projects teams, agreeing and completing work as scheduled, and acting as technical lead
* Contributing technical details to solution design documents
* You will have demonstrable experience at working within an environment where intrusive monitoring, Alert and Event Management processes are key
* Able to produce clear documentation and share knowledge with others
* Able to communicate effectively with business users, suppliers, and other technical areas
* Working with monitoring, alert management, change management processes, including planning of maintenance activities and ensuring risks are identified and mitigated
This position is available full time Monday – Friday 37 hours a week.
Additional checks will be required on application.
strgroup is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.