Senior Application Specialist
Senior Application Specialist – Kingston, Surrey – Full Time – Contract – £34.72 per hour
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Application Specialist with our client in Kingston. The main job duty will be to manage and support the delivery of Capita EMS One Managed service and associated education systems for the client.
Your duties and responsibilities will include;
* Responsible for day to day support of Capita One (EMS) system including system administration including the application support life cycle covering: investigation, testing, implementation and maintenance of One software, assisting with implementation of EMS software upgrades from testing to live roll-out. Also having an In-depth understanding of LA responsibilities in line with DfE statutory requirements around CSS, Sen, EY and Governors
* Responsible for all documentation related to One support, new user process, leavers process and technical acceptance tests and working with users by supporting any UAT tests. Responsible to prepare and update project management plans related to One upgrades and migrations.
* Monitor oracle database performance and RMAN backups and provide DBA cover during line manager absence.
* On a daily basis using specialist tools and procedures, to monitor, control, ensure and optimise the day-to-day One database performance and to own, track and resolve One related incidents and service requests within SLA
* This role may require travel across the Orbis geography as it will support a wide range of customers and teams across all three partners
To be suitable for this opportunity; the following qualifications or experience is required:
Key Technical Skills/competencies & qualifications:
* Good knowledge and understanding of ITIL framework
* Good knowledge and understanding of Project
Management Framework (essential)
* Up-to-date knowledge of Capita One (EMS) system (essential)
* Good knowledge and understanding of databases: Oracle 11g and SQL 2008 Server (essential)
* Comprehensive knowledge of Microsoft & reporting products:
Windows 2003/2008/2012, SRSS reporting, Crystal reports,PL\SQL (desirable)
* ITIL v3 certificate in Foundation Level (desirable)
* Project Management understanding (essential)
* Experience of leading on projects
* Inspires others to achieve
* Delivers great performance
This position is available full time Monday – Friday 36 hours a week.
Additional checks will be required on application.
If you are interested and want more information please call me on the number below or email back.
strgroup is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.