Kingston upon Hull
SEND Officer – Hull – 3 Month Contract – £18ph Umbrella (Inside IR35)
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a SEND Officer to join the team of a public sector organisation within Hull.
Your duties and responsibilities will include:
* To support the SEND Team Manager to ensure the organisation complies with the statutory requirements of the Education, Health and Care (EHC) needs assessment process, and maintenance and review of EHC plans as defined in the SEND Code of Practice 2015 and Part 3, Children and Families Act 2014.
* To work directly, or jointly with a SEND Caseworker, to support the most complex SEND cases.
* To prepare cases for Tribunal, represent the organisation at SEND Tribunal appeals, mediation meetings, respond to complaints and negotiate on a regular basis with Solicitors/MP Offices, complaints, and the Freedom of Information Team.
* To allocate cases to the Casework Officers and routinely communicate difficult and sensitive decisions and information to families and other professionals.
* To manage a case load of complex cases, approximately 40 cases at any one time.
To be suitable for this opportunity; the following qualifications or experience is required:
* In depth experience of SEN policy development, implementation and review and of working with key stakeholders in the SEND process.
* Must be able to write clear, concise and outcome focused EHC plans with a high level of attention to detail.
* Must be able to produce detailed working documents for the SEN and Disability Tribunal.
* Excellent negotiation and mediation skills.
* Ability to manage and lead a team effectively in a challenging environment.
* Ability to effectively manage budgets/resources and enforce proper financial controls, showing sound business judgement.
For further information and to apply then please contact Deanna at STR on 02392322381 and email a copy of your most recent CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
strgroup is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.