Our client is looking for Revenues and Benefits Advisor to join their team on a 2 month contract basis in the Middlesbrough area.
This role will be working between the councils revenue and benefits services, you will be making sure the correct amount of money is paid at the right time to the right person, if this isn’t possible you will set it up so it can be done.
Typical duties –
* Maintaining and updating all Council Tax and National Non Domestic Rates (NNDR) accounts including amendments to liability; methods of payment; applications for discounts, relief’s, exemptions and disregards; setting up and maintaining computer records; keeping the customer informed.
* Maintaining and updating all Benefits cases including amendments to claim; suspending and withdrawing claims; new applications; setting up and maintaining computer records; keeping the customer informed.
* Maintain and update all accounts in relation to recovery of Housing Benefit Overpayments.
* Negotiate with Housing Benefit Sundry Debtors to maximise recovery rates and ensure arrangements are adhered to.
* Take appropriate action to ensure all issues connected with customer accounts and claims are resolved.
* Where appropriate maintaining and updating all Free School Meal cases including new applications; setting up and maintaining system records; keeping the customer informed.
* Resolving to conclusion telephone, face-to-face and written enquiries, from members of the public, external agencies and council employees.
* To carry out visits to determine entitlement to benefit.
* Taking action to ensure that all issues connected with the customer’s account and claims are resolved.
* Assisting in the skills training of other staff.
* Constantly/consistently working to identify service and quality improvements within the team as well as analysing new ways to complete current tasks to both improve the quality and reduce the cost of delivery.
* Attending County or Magistrates Court as and when required.
strgroup is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.