Tyne and Wear
A client of ours in Washington is looking for a Regional Planner to join their team for a period of 6 months, the role of a Regional Planner is to maximise efficiency, service and compliance by managing the day-to-day plans for the region.
You’ll be responsible for:
* Providing daily, weekly, monthly and annual statistical information to aid planning and implementation.
* Reviewing and continuously improving plans to improve efficiency.
* Providing accurate and effective information to stores and sites regarding the plan, including feedback channels to aid engagement.
* Coaching and influencing depot teams to maximise service and efficiency, and ensure delivery of all commercial targets on the depot balance scorecard
* Assist the Regional resource Manager where necessary
You’ll need to be organised and have excellent written and verbal communication skills as the role will require you to network with colleagues from all areas of the business. You’ll need to be flexible and adaptable to allow you to work in a fast paced and dynamic environment. You’ll have experience in working within teams and managing time efficiently.
* Plan drivers runs – planning shifts within the Paragon system
* Checking drivers are within their working days
* Ensuring drivers can complete workload in the shift time
* Interaction with the Transport department – Answering questions on the plans / getting updates on the drivers
* Telephone liaison with depots and live tracking of load dispatch and arrivals
* Input of information in to Excel spreadsheets and other computer programmes, IT knowledge required
* Check and track of previous day’s loads
* Check driver arrival
* Provide ETAs for depot deliveries
* Cancelled and overspill loads notified to depots and hauliers
* Experience in a transport /dispatch / planning related role previously
* Computer literate
* Good communication skills
* Flexible when required
* IT systems general knowledge
* Can do attitude, team work
* Able to be assertive as required
* Influencing skills
* Paragon experience
To apply for this role please send an up to date CV to email@example.com or call Karen Otton on 02392 314795
stride is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.