Public Law Lawyer: DHSC
Public Law Lawyer: DHSC – London/Leeds – 6 month contract – £35.42ph umbrella
Our client is looking for a public law solicitor to join their team working across a range of advisory posts.
Department of Health and Social Care Legal Advisory provide core legal advice on DHSC’s policy and operations across all areas of health and social care. We also provide legal advice to the Medicines and Healthcare Products Regulatory Agency.
About the role:
· Government Departments need to draw on the skills of advisory lawyers to bring to life policies for which Ministers are accountable to Parliament and the electorate. The legal issues are often complex, novel and politically sensitive. The legal approach may be scrutinised by Parliament, the media, courts, and other institutions. Our advisory lawyers work closely with policy officials and other professionals in the Department to find legally sound solutions to deliver Ministers’ priorities.
· Ministers are likely to be brimming with ideas about how to make improvements in the areas for which they are responsible. Advisory lawyers think through all the legal implications of a policy to ensure that decisions are taken properly and that issues such as human rights and equalities impacts have been fully considered. We anticipate possible legal challenges and provide officials and Ministers with clear legal risk assessments. If a challenge is made to a decision we work with colleagues from GLD’s Litigation Group.
· Where new primary legislation is required, we work with Parliamentary Counsel on the draft Bill and support policy colleagues and Ministers at all stages of the parliamentary process. We also draft secondary legislation on a regular basis.
We are looking for lawyers with experience in one or more of the following areas OR with previous experience of advising in one or more of the legal areas listed below:
* Experience of advising on one or more aspects of health and social care law in the UK such as the legal powers and duties of NHS bodies and NHS / social care providers, and the associated powers and duties of government bodies in relation to the NHS and social care)
* Experience of advising on healthcare regulatory matters in the UK including regulation of healthcare professions, healthcare standards / governance and medicines / medical devices.
* Experience of advising on public law issues in relation to the decisions by public bodies
* Experience of advising on data protection and information law issues
* Experience of advising on pensions law
* Experience of advising on regulatory matters
If you are interested in this position, please email your CV over to firstname.lastname@example.org with the job reference: 84489. If you have not heard back after 5 working days, please assume you have been unsuccessful in your application at this time.
strgroup is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.