£37,000 to £43,000
Our client is looking for a Project Planner to join their team on a 2 year FTC in the Greenwich area of London.
This role will be working within the Site Services team the role is to Project plan all of the active projects the team have to ensure the correct balance of resources and to ensure projects are completed on time, within budget and with minimal disruption to the production facilities.
Key Duties –
* Responsible for tracking progress of all projects launched withing the Site Services perimeter. Developing and maintaining the overall planning with special consideration to resource requirements, Production downtime and adherence to budget.
* Follow the financial commitment Vs agreed budgets for all projects within scope. Escalate where there is a risk of over spending.
* Delivery of effective & accurate project progress reports that can be analysed and understood at all levels within the organization.
* Support with the administration of the project deliverables. For example;
* Ensure sufficient specification/information supplied with the PO.
* Mentor the site FM apprentice as requested with the other team members.
* Cover Site services other disciplines when needed for holidays/sickness.
* Responsible for small scale projects and ensuring that the project is delivered on time, to agreed level of quality and within approved budget.
* Ensure strong Communication between site facilities and production teams on regular basis
* Expedite information from Production and Purchasing teams to ensure project plans are maintained. Ensure definitive scope provided, agreed and signed off by manufacturing.
* Effectively communicating with and managing key stakeholders both internally and externally.
Qualifications and knowledge-
* A minimum of five years relevant experience in project delivery of a broad spectrum of projects in the Manufacturing Industry.
* Project management qualification such as Project Management Professional, with high competency in MS Project.
* Superior organizational and planning skills Demonstrated ability in holding project team members responsible for results and being decisive about non-performers.
* Demonstrated ability to realize improvement initiatives.
* Demonstrated high level of problem solving and facilitation skills.
* Advanced PC skills such as Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
* Stakeholder management of multi decision makers, colleagues, peers and cross functional teams.
* A proactive and intelligent individual who is quick to grasp new ideas and concepts and perform effectively under pressure and changing circumstances.
* Ability to provide solutions to challenges or project scope changes.
* An excellent communicator and team member, who can motivate themselves and others to meet stringent deadlines and rise to new challenges with enthusiasm.
* Individual who manages very well under pressure and proven workload prioritisation capabilities.
* Understands the typical project life cycle from concept through to qualification in a Hi-Rel environment.
strgroup is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.