Programme Manager – RQ477187
Change Programme Manager – £500 per day umbrella – 4 Month Contract – Remote base role, must be able to travel to Wirral for occasional meetings
Our client is a large public sector organisation who requires a Change Programme Manager to be acountable for the management and development of programmes ensuring agreed outputs and outcomes are delivered and quality levels of delivery in line with the standards developed by the Project Management Office. This role will be focused on Mental Health or Digital Inclusion.
You will be reporting to the Head of Business Change & Programme Management.
* Oversee the co-ordination and administrations of all aspects of the ongoing programme(s) including controlling programme activities, planning, organisation and risk control.
* In conjunction with other Programme Managers promote an integrated, consolidated and consistent approach to programme management, supported by the appropriate governance arrangements, processes and stakeholder engagement.
* Develop a programme evaluation framework to assess the strengths and weaknesses of the programme.
* Establish and implement a performance management process for all programme staff.
* Provide direction, input and feedback on the projects within the programme, coordinating the delivery of services among the different programme activities to increase efficiency and effectiveness.
* Develop and implement long term goals and objectives to achieve the successful outcome of the programme.
* Develop a budget and operating plan to support the programme(s) and monitor and approve all budgeted programme expenditure.
* Manage the programme budget.
* Knowledge of project management methodologies and ability to apply them
* Ability to analyse and assess complex information.
* Ability to work positively with and influence a wide range of individuals including the most senior decision makers.
* Effective communication and presentation skills.
* Ability to influence, direct and guide staff to deliver objectives.
* Ability to apply creative thinking to solve problems.
* Strong organisation abilities.
* Budget and resource allocation skills.
* A track record of managing delivery of large and complex change programmes.
* Experience of providing assurance and reporting to programme boards.
* Experience of matrix management of staff and resources.
* Experience of budget management within programmes.
* Experience of risk/issue management and escalation.
* Experience of contract management of consultancy resources.
* Experience of stakeholder analysis and engagement
strgroup is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.