Procurement Officer – Dudley – 3 Month Contract – £17.00 per hour (inside IR35, Umbrella) – start date ASAP.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Procurement Officer in Dudley to support the delivery of savings and efficiencies (both cashable and non-cashable), logging all procurement activity on the Procurement Initiative Tracker. Ensuring that all contracts awarded are recorded on the Contract Register and that a digital version of the contract is stored electronically.
Your duties and responsibilities will include;
* Support the delivery of Procurement Operations for the Chief Executive and People’s directorates. Supporting the delivery of the SLA to the Peoples Directorate to the satisfaction of the client.
* Understand the departmental and corporate procurement team KPI’s, service level objectives, managing own performance, supporting continuous improvement of the service, and delivering and monitoring customer satisfaction.
* Understand the procurement strategy and ensure contracts are procured and delivered within available resources, and within the timescales.
* Work with the Procurement Business Partner and Procurement Manager to advise on the most appropriate procurement strategy for specific contracts and the development of appropriate contract documentation.
* Understand national procurement frameworks and consider their suitability to deliver best value.
* Use of the Council’s e-procurement system to deliver procurement activity. And support other Council Officers to use the system.
To be suitable for this opportunity; the following qualifications or experience is required:
* Experience within a procurement position.
* Experience of supporting the delivery of savings.
* Understanding of procurement requirements within the Public Sector, including the principles of achieving best value.
* Experience/knowledge of operating within local government environment.
* Ability to move outside current thinking and traditional approaches to develop new ideas and innovative commercially advantageous procurement solutions.
* Competence and experience of leading a wide range of procurement procedures.
* Experience of working with eProcurement systems and ability to support others (non-procurement officers) in the use of the system.
37 Hours per week.
Additional checks will be required on application.
If you are experienced in this field and are interested in this contract, please apply now!
strgroup is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.