Procurement Officer 5155241
£38,000 to £42,000
Our client is looking for a Procurement Officer in the London area of Brent on a permanent basis.
We Looking for an individuals with a comprehensive experience of supporting and leading procurements within Local Government and using Due North procurement portal, with the ability to work under the direction of various Category Manager’s with the ability to multi-task and manage and communicate the progress on the procurement process in a timely fashion.
In addition Individuals with experience of procuring developments projects, working under the direction of the Category Manager , with a good working knowledge of RIBA stages 1-4 and above , JCT and NEC contracts along. Experience/knowledge in Capital and FM categories an advantage.
To manage the end-to-end procurement process for projects of medium value, up to and including OJEU procurements of medium complexity.
* To support Procurement Business Partners on projects of high value and complexity.
* Proactively work with and support Procurement Business Partners, Stakeholders and Suppliers to determine innovative and appropriate ways of undertaking future procurements.
* Attend and lead internal and external meetings / presentations related to procurement activities.
* To provide quality advice and guidance to internal customers on all aspects of the procurement process, supported by expert technical knowledge including relevant legislation and best practice.
* Lead and influence strategic and commercial decisions and obtain approval from stakeholders.
* Constructively engage with stakeholders when new procurements are planned to be undertaken demonstrating how our involvement is adding value and improving service delivery.
MCIPS qualified (or willing to work towards this with clear evidence of aptitude) · Evidence of Continuing Professional Development
* Expert knowledge of the procurement process, ideally in a public sector environment. Where candidates can demonstrate expert knowledge of private sector procurement, they must show some awareness of public procurement, including relevant legislation, and a willingness and aptitude to become expert in this.
* Thorough knowledge of one or more categories of procurement activity:
* Adult Social Care § Children’s Social Care § Education § Communities, Public Health and Culture § Corporate Services § Environmental Services § Regeneration, Construction and Housing ·
Awareness of the wider policy context for public procurement, e.g. the Transparency Agenda, Social Value, London Living Wage, Modern Slavery
strgroup is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.