I am looking for a Procurement Manager to be based in Birmingham for a 6 month contract. This role is paying £550 a day via umbrella (the role is inside ir35).
HS2 will deliver all elements of construction, railway systems and rolling stock in order to achieve a fully operational new high speed railway. The Procurement Manager will be working within a small team to deliver the procurement activities of a procurement ‘package’, with each package between £10m and £1bn, and will be accountable for significant elements of procurement delivery for each package. The Procurement Manager will work closely with colleagues across the business to prepare and deliver the procurement activities and will align potentially conflicting information requiring significant influencing skills. Similar activities are anticipated being undertaken for Phase 2.
Role of directorate/department
* Successfully achieve the award of all contracts required to deliver the construction, testing, commissioning and operation of HS2 in a fair, transparent, and non-discriminatory manner, by the agreed dates (as per Utilities Contract Regulations 2016);
* Provide commercial support and decision-making across all HS2s contracts and manage those contracts to ensure that they deliver the strategic objectives of the project throughout the term of the agreement and deliver demonstrable value for money;
* Support the delivery of HS2’s strategic goals by building value adding supply chains with sustainable commercial relationships that deliver value and comply with HS2’s obligations set out in the Development Agreement and any associated Undertakings and Assurances;
* Negotiate Commercial Agreements with third parties, coordinating interfaces and integrating across contracts and suppliers;
* Ensure that HS2 has the goods and services required by the organisation to guarantee success across each stage of the delivery lifecycle.
* Responsible for delivery elements of the operational procurement for the relevant package(s) and providing support for the delivery of the overall procurement, ensuring that these are aligned with other similar packages.
* Supporting the achievement of governance approval and assurance of all procurement deliverables as defined within the HS2 Procurement Handbook. Following approval of the relevant Category Plan, this includes responsibility for developing key components of the necessary Prequalification and ITT documentation to agreed timelines and ensuring that these achieve relevant approvals and assurance to permit release of this documentation.
* Supporting the management the procurement evaluation processes for the relevant package, including independently managing the day-to-day evaluation undertaken by a wide array of colleagues, and ensuring that these achieve relevant approvals and assurance to allow appropriate short-listing and contract award.
* Ensure HS2’s procurement activities are undertaken in compliance with EU and UK legislation whilst driving a process that will become a benchmark for future projects around the world.
* Provide support to colleagues within the team and in other areas in the use of eSourcing.
* Ensure procurement reporting and management information is provided accurately and on a timely basis to synch with HS2 business reporting