Procurement Category Manager
£45,000 to £60,000
We have a fantastic opportunity in Reading for a Category Manager to develop the supplier strategy, lead RFPs, and deliver and setup new contract.
£45,000 – £60,000 depending on experience, with some excellent employee benefits.
Start date ASAP.
Main Responsibilities of the position:
* Supporting the Procurement function with all Purchase & Supplier Management activities.
* Support procurement sourcing, demand management and cost avoidance, e.g. by running RFI, RFP, eProcurement and negotiations, using economic and data analysis tools & techniques.
* Monitoring of suppliers, ensuring compliance with negotiated conditions in the purchasing process. Consolidate procurement management information and data in the country.
* Contribute to research & analysis (spend, cost benchmarking etc) to identify saving opportunities and develop strategic procurement activities.
Skills for the positions:
* Practical knowledge of professional services agreements.
* Practical knowledge and a pragmatic approach to running RFPs.
* Drafting SOWs and contracts. Ability to read and write key elements of commercial contracts.
* Category expertise in Surveyors and Legal Services is a major plus.
* Telephony sector experience is an advantage.
If you are experienced in this field and are interested in this position, please apply by sending your up to date copy of your CV or call me on the number below.
strgroup is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.