Procurement Business Partner
Procurement Manager – Dudley – Contract
STR Group are recruiting for a Procurement Business Partner to be based at a Local Authority in Dudley on an interim basis.
This is an exciting new role, which will impact all areas of the business as they seek to rapidly introduce and implement Category Management to identify and deliver significant savings, including cost avoidance and process efficiencies.
* To directly manage a small team of procurement officers.
* Matrix manage in a complex and fractured environment all other officers involved in procurement, ensuring professional competence and compliance with Contract Standing Orders.
* To support/lead the professional training of all officers involved in procurement
* To support all budget holders, senior managers and Members to understand their role, responsibilities and boundaries in procurement in a public sector organisation
* To introduce Category Management across the business.
* Develop a forward plan based on spend and criticality.
* Develop strong professional relationships with senior commissioners and budget holders
* To work closely with the Chief Officer to deliver innovative ways of delivering procurement activity to ensure that new markets and innovations
Professionally qualified in procurement CIPS qualified (or equivalent) or relevant technical qualification at degree level, or equivalent experience in a relevant discipline in the public sector.
Proven Category Management, commercial skills and expertise of delivering efficiencies
Experience of identifying and delivering significant savings
Substantial understanding of procurement and efficiency requirements within the Public Sector
If you are interested in this interim position, please apply now!